Pages

Celebrity Juice Headline Animator

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Ronnie Wood was named Music Radio Personality of the Year at the Sony Radio Academy Awards last night

Ronnie: The AutobiographyRonnie Wood was named Music Radio Personality of the Year at the Sony Radio Academy Awards last night (09.05.11).
The Rolling Stones guitarist was commended at the industry prize-giving ceremony after just a year of hosting his own show on station Absolute Radio.
The judging panel called the star: "An amazing character with a really innovative programme.
"Ronnie has lived the life of a thousand men and you feel like a child sitting at his feet as he unfolds his rarefied story book."
The musician collected his award shortly after British comedian Frank Skinner - who won the Best Entertainment Programme accolade for his eponymous show - and said: "This means more to me than it means to Frank, I think, because I'm the newcomer."
The majority of the awards were handed out by star presenters, including Geri Halliwell, Andrea Corr, Rachel Stevens and James Morrison.
James admitted listening to the radio played an integral part in his early career, telling BANG Showbiz: "When I hear my own songs on the radio now, it reminds me of being a kid and used to listen to the radio, dreaming of wanting to write songs and get on the radio.
"It reminds me of listening to Radio 2 on a Sunday with my dad. I have the radio on a lot at home in the mornings and it's a good rejuvenator for the day."

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...